1. Skip to content

Council Housing

Reporting a Repair

If your home needs repair work to be carried out by Charnwood Borough Council (CBC) you should contact us as soon as possible. If you are not sure who is responsible for your repair visit the Responsibility for Repairs section of this site for more information.

General repairs also include any work needed on gas appliances supplied by CBC.

You can report a repair via the Internet, by phone, by letter or in person.


PLEASE NOTE: Emergency repairs cannot be reported online. In an emergency you must telephone the Contact Centre on 01509 634666 straight away.


Please call our contact centre on 01509 634666.

The contact centre is open 8.30 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am to 4.30 pm on Fridays. However, emergencies can be reported 24 hours a day (i.e. where removal of immediate danger to people is required or to stop serious damage to your home, for example, complete loss of electrical power, a burst water pipe, or making your home secure).

In Person

If you prefer to report your repair in person you can call in at our Customer Services reception in the Council Offices, Southfields Road, Loughborough.

In Writing

You can write to:

Charnwood Borough Council, Housing Division
Council Offices
Southfield Road
LE11 2TX

If you are reporting a repair by letter make sure you include:

  • Your name and address
  • What repair is needed
  • The days and times when someone will be at home, or other arrangements for us to get in to the property such as if you are leaving keys with a neighbour, please give us their address and phone number.

Pipes and radiators

If repairs are needed to pipes and radiators they should be reported to our Gas Contractors Sure Group on 0800 840 8021.

Working with our partners: